This version issued 17th May 2018
We’ve updated our policy to cover the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming in to force in May 2018. It matters to us that you are happy with how we handle your data, and data protection is a matter for us all as citizens. If you are unable to understand anything in our policy or have any questions or concerns, please reach us without hesitation at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fiz Founders
* * * * * *
At Fiz.com we (Fiz Limited) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you agree to be bound by this Policy.
Who are we?
We are a business-to-business travel technology company that compiles points of interest data based on crowd-ratings and popularity for travel, hotel and leisure companies to present to their users and customers. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (EU GDPR), the data controller is Fiz Limited with registration number 7732631.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website – for example, when you contact us about products and services, request a demonstration of our technology, voluntarily use our interactive features, or subscribe to receive our content.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect will depend on what you provide. Typically this might include your name, professional title and email address, and your business address if you become a customer. If you correspond with us via email or a contact form we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also retrieve your IP address, location and information regarding what pages you access and when. If you purchase a subscription plan from us electronically your card information is not held by Fiz.com but is collected by our third party payment processor who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
What is your IP address collected for?
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device (as applicable), including, where available, the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform as well as certain information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Fiz.com (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Use of ‘cookies’
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or search for your business or hotel.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). Typically we use these when you are a website subscriber or subscription customer.
- Third party cookies. These cookies allow us to serve content or features provided by our partners such as maps, forms, data validation services or surveys. Please note that third parties set these cookies and we do not control their use. However, we expect that they track only statistical, anonymised data that cannot identify you.
We do not currently set any targeting or advertising cookies.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
For more detailed information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How do we use information about you?
We will use this information:
- to ensure that content from Fiz.com is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- to administer Fiz.com and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep Fiz.com safe and secure;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and/or services we feel may interest you, where you have consented to such contact;
- to allow you to participate in interactive or commercial features of Fiz.com, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to Fiz.com;
- to notify you about new or replacement passwords; and/or
- for internal record keeping.
How do we store and secure your personal data?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our commercial partners. For example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Fiz.com; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to use or access certain parts of Fiz.com, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
In what circumstances will we disclose your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may share your information with selected third parties, including:
- our analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Fiz.com;
- our business partners or suppliers, for the performance of any contract we enter into with you and in order to provide you with the products and/or services that you order from us
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Fiz.com Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fiz.com Limited, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Your rights to your personal data
Your data is yours to control and we will always seek to operate in total transparency and by consent.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking consent boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Fiz.com contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we at Fiz.com are not responsible for those policies and do not guarantee compliance with those policies. Please check the applicable policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. We may charge £10 for information requests to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you ever decide to delete your Fiz.com account, you may do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking us to remove your data. Please be aware that it may take up to 60 days for all of this information to be removed.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at email@example.com
Thank you, from the Fiz.com Team.